Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Nov 25, 2012

♥ TIGI Hair Care Products

TIGI Hair Care Products


I recently reviewed the TIGI Love Peace and the Planet leave in conditioner (here). It had amazing ingredients, so I was pretty disappointed that it was very sticky and smelled quite weird. After that I was actually contacted by TIGI and they explained to me that since I bought it from TK Maxx (TJ Maxx in America), it, is an old product. The range from which my product is from was discontinued a year ago and on my bottle it said "12 m" which means it was definitely out of date.  They kindly offered to send me some proper TIGI products and here are my thoughts on them.

TIGI Bed Head Urban Anti Dotes Resurrection Level 3 Shampoo: First of, if you are into all natural products, this is not for you. It contains silicones and sulfates. This product smells so amazing, that I had to wash my hair immediately using this product when I received it. Even though it contains sulfates I don't think it dried my hair out. However, I am not completely sure how this would save "dry brittle hair that needs an intervention" (lol love the description though). My guess is that they means that the silicones can smooth your damaged hair down.

TIGI Bed Head Urban Anti Dotes Resurrection Level 3 Conditioner: Ingredient wise it contains silicones, but no mineral oil. This also smells a-maazing and has great slip actually! It was easy for me to detangle while applying this to my afro-y roots and it did leave my hair feeling soft. Again, there are no ingredients that to me are known to be repairing in any way. Both of these products are great in a way that I think they would be suitable for different hair types.

TIGI Bed Head Totally Baked Volumizing and Prepping hair maringue: Even before trying, I already knew that such a product would be better suited for people with straight, oily rather than dry and flat hair. However, I still wanted to try it, and tried it on my newly washed, but dry hair. I think it defined my curls a bit but for my hair it was a bit drying.

TIGI Mega Whipped Marshmallow Hair Texturizer: 
Look at the lid on this! Sooo saving this after I've used it up. From what I understand this is meant to give a medium hold to your hair, so I thought it might be good to use for a braid out. To use on its own it was a bit drying but it worked better having applied some oil on my hair before putting this on. My main issue with this is that it contains petroleum (same as Vaseline, mineral oil). This can be drying and it can cause build up in your hair.

Have you tried TIGI hair products? Which ones, and if you have reviewed them.. send me the link?

xx



(*)

3 comments:

  1. Great review hun haven't tried this brand before but will look into it soon. How very generous of them to send u a fresh set from their updated range now that's what I call good customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great & Honest review.. Some people would have raved about the product even though it wasn't great just because it was sent to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of my Cousins uses these products and i have even seen lot of good changes in her but am not sure weather they gonna work on me or not ! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥