Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Oct 23, 2013

Bargain Leave in Conditioners for Curly, Natural or Transitioning Hair from Beautiful Textures, African Pride & Skala

Bargain Leave in Conditioners for Curly, Natural or Transitioning Hair

Bargain Leave in Conditioners for Curly, Natural or Transitioning Hair from Skala, African Pride and Beautiful Textures

So since going natural I have been forever searching for the perfect leave in conditioner. I have preivously reviewed the Cantu Shea butter leave in conditioner and the Curls Souffle leave in conditioner. What I mean by perfect is affordable, fairly natural ingredients and preferably quite a big jar so I don't have to keep repurchasing.

Here are four leave in conditioners which I know are readily available in the UK as well as the US. None of them cost more than £5. I choose to link the products from Paks Cosmetics websites and show their prices, as they ship to the UK, US & Europe (I am not affiliated with them in any way) .


Overall this is definitely okay and has quite a lot of slip and moisturises my hair. However it has a really weird smell, the only way I can describe it is like an old lady's perfume. No offence to them but that's not the way I like to smell lol. It has a lot of interesting ingredients like Egg Yolk and Pollen extract but I can't say if these are really good for your hair or not. I used this whole bottle up and it was great for twist outs and similar styles, but I won't repurchase because of the scent.

Ingredient check:

Mineral Oil (/)
Silicones (/)
Propylene/Butylene Glycol: (√)
Parabens (/)
Glycerin* (√)


This is my favourite out of all of them, just because it is affordable, it works, it has got great ingredients and it smells amazing! This is the last one I bought out of all of these and I have since repurchased it 3 times I think. Keep in mind that there is one product that looks exactly the same as this, with almost the same ingredient list but the title for the other one is "Leave in Conditioner". I believe I have used both but I didn't know they were different and the ingredient are almost exactly the same. They both have great slip so they are great for detangling and doing twist outs and braid outs.

Ingredient check:

Mineral Oil (/)
Silicones (√)
Propylene/Butylene Glycol: (/)
Parabens (/)
Glycerin* (√)


This is my least favourite. I actually got it by accident and it is the only one I have not actually used up, because I don't like it. This one also has a product very similar to it, but the formula is completely different and does not contain Olive Oil. If you look at the ingredient check below it literally contains all of the so called "bad" ingredients. The main issue for me is the mineral oil and i can't say for sure if it is actually due to that, but this really doesn't do much for my hair and is kind of sticky.

Ingredient check:

Mineral Oil (v) plus Petroleum
Silicones (v)
Propylene/Butylene Glycol: (v)
Parabens: (v)
Glycerin* (v)



This is definitely the best for detangling so it definitely lives up to its name. It has got great slip and smells amazing. The only reason that this isn't my favourite is because it is slightly more expensive than the African Pride Bouncy Curls Pudding. Another plus is that it comes on a bottle and not a jar which is much more useful.

Ingredient check:

Mineral Oil 
Silicones (v)
Propylene/Butylene Glycol: (v)
Parabens: 
Glycerin* (v)

Here are the full ingredient lists: 
Skala Jaborandi Leave In Hair Styling Cream Ingredient List || African Pride Olive Oil Anti Breaking Formula, Hair and Scalp Strengthening Leave in Conditioner || African Pride Shea Butter Miracle, moisture intense "Bouncy Curls Pudding || Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Leave in Conditioner
Skala Jaborandi Leave In Hair Styling Cream Ingredient List || African Pride Olive Oil Anti Breaking Formula, Hair and Scalp Strengthening Leave in Conditioner || African Pride Shea Butter Miracle, moisture intense "Bouncy Curls Pudding || Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Leave in Conditioner 
Have u tried any of these?
And what is your favourite leave im conditioner?

Xx


Instagram || Twitter  || Google+ || Baobella || Bloglovin || Facebook || Pinterest


* I haven't added Glycerin to the ingredient because it is considered a bad ingredient by some, but I am hearing more and more of some people (mainly in the US) avoiding Glycerin during certain seasons depending on the climate.

7 comments:

  1. I never tried any of these. My favourite leave-in at the moment is Hairvéda's Whipped Ends Hydration. When I'm done with this one I'm going to look for a natural one that I can find in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried any of these products. The Beautiful Textures leave-in sounds pretty good. I've been using Darcy's Botanicals Daily Leave In predominately since starting my HHJ, but I would like to venture out and see if there is anything better. Jessicurl is pretty good too.
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is absolutely a great review. nice to see products that are budget friendly.
    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any of these but huh? Skala has pollen extract? Lol I hope it doesn't attract bees.
    Sounds stupid but do you use the BT tangle tamer before or after a wash? And do you use stylers on top of your leave ins?
    Haven't tried the Curls products before. Good to know they worked for you! They smell so good but seeing as Shea Moisture's in Pak's now I think I'd rather try those because they look like better value.
    I just use plain old conditioner as my leave in. Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine is great and Tresemme Naturals is okay but I can't find it anywhere anymore :s xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are not bad for the price at all! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have short hair and I’m actually using leave-in conditioner to style my hair, provide a little hold and to condition it. acai berry dubai

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever heard of the African hair brand called "okay? They make a castor oil shampoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥